Sunday, November 22, 2009

Par-tay!

Our friend Tammy offered to help make Morgan's birthday cake and cupcakes. We didn't plan on it but we ended up having a pre-party the night before Morgan's birthday because 7 people ended up staying at our house until 1:30 in the morning working on the cake. It turned out great and we all had a lot of fun!

Morgan loved her tutu. Thanks Kelly!


I have to confess that I started planning the party in September because I was so excited about it. We kept it small and simple but I sure had fun planning it.
Thanks Fran for all the great appetizers!
Morgan started off slow with digging into the cake but after about 15 minutes she really started to get into it. I was a nervous wreck since she hasn't had soy or any dairy proteins since she was around 5 months old. I asked her doctor about giving her cake and she advised against it but I couldn't take her advice. It was Morgan's first birthday and she had to have cake. It turns out Morgan did great! She didn't seem to have any adverse reactions to the cake. I had prepared myself for a trip to the hospital that night just in case.




1 comment:

  1. Wish we could have been there to help celebrate this wonderful first birthday! It is always amazing to me how the sugar starts to set in and you can see the glaze in the eyes. I am sure this is more sugar than Morgan had in her all first year!

    ReplyDelete