Sunday, August 2, 2009

Full Circle

Saturday we decided to take a trip to the zoo. Morgan is a little young but because the zoo has been such an important place for Daniel and me, we couldn't wait to take Morgan for her first time. For those of you who don't know, Daniel and I have always enjoyed the zoo. Throughout our 7 year courtship, Daniel and I have made going to the zoo a special thing for us to do. We've traveled to nearby cities to go to different ones in the time we've been together. My favorite exhibit at each has always been the giraffes. Because of this, Daniel has always bought me a giraffe stuffed animal or figurine from each zoo we've visited. When he asked me to marry him he surprised me by taking me to the zoo and dropping to one knee in front of the giraffes. We decided to decorate Morgan's nursery with the giraffes that we've collected since being together. It kind of adds a whole new meaning to the theme of her room. Going back for the first time and holding Morgan exactly where Daniel asked me to marry him was special. Here are some pictures.


Try to ignore the fact that I'm flipping everyone off in the below picture.





It was around 100 degrees outside but Morgan, as always, was a trooper. She didn't cry the whole time and even fell asleep at the end which is unheard of for her. She usually will only fall asleep in her crib or car seat.

2 comments:

  1. This is great...thanks for sharing those remembrances and connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoos are a lot of fun. Daniel will remember our trips to the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville. The Columbus Zoo is pretty good (Jack Hanna gained his fame while serving as the head dog.) You probably won't have a huge amount of time in Columbus, perhaps a visit with the Tim & Kelly family there?

    ReplyDelete