Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's The Little Things....

It’s the little things………..

It’s getting excited at work around 4 pm because I know it won’t be long until I can pick Morgan up from daycare and she’ll smile, giggle and kick with excitement when she sees me walk through the doors.

It’s the 20 minutes Morgan and I spend together in the recliner in the living room everyday right when I get home where we snuggle, hug, kiss, laugh, and play as she sits in my lap and I can’t let go until those 20 minutes are up.

It’s the way her shoe looked next to mine when I threw it down on the floor yesterday and it landed near mine. Seeing her cute, little baby shoe next to my grown up shoe gripped my heart for a second.

It’s looking forward to what new food we’re going to have her try for the week.

It’s picking out a cute outfit every night for her to wear the next day. (I don’t let Daniel do the honors.)

It’s watching Daniel’s face as he plays with her.

It’s knowing that because of Daniel there is someone else out there that is capable of loving her as much as I do.

It’s the look Daniel and I give each other when we’re watching her and she does something cute or funny. That look speaks volumes even though we may not actually say something.

It’s all these little things that make my life more rich and full than it has ever been before.

********************************************

I feel blessed to have two amazing parents who gave me a happy childhood and the foundation to be a happy, healthy adult. From my experience growing up I think one of the best things you can give your child is to let your face light up every time they walk into the room. When I was pregnant I went to go visit my parents in Sacramento. We had gone to church together and after church I had to run to the bathroom. When I walked out of the bathroom they were both standing there waiting for me, my dad’s arm was around mom and both their faces lit up when they saw me. They didn’t realize it but they were standing there smiling at me with this look in their eyes that I only understand now after having my own daughter. I want my face to light up every time I see Morgan and without meaning to, it already does.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see and hold her next month! I just want to reach out when I see these pictures of her and hold her! Sorry but Daniel wasn't exposed to much hair-fussing around when he grew up! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I meant to post my comment on the second picture from the top, not under the later picture. This is the one that looks exactly like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful sentiments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us.

    ReplyDelete