Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation Adventure 2011 - Travel Day #1

Daniel, Morgan and I took a 2 week vacation to the Midwest this year to visit family. It felt so good to have some time off and to spend that time with family!

Morgan was VERY excited about flying in an airplane!

Our trip started with us having to leave the house at 4:30 am to make our first flight on time (we cut it close). It was then followed by 2 layovers and two more flights, and ended with a rental car trip to Kokomo, Indiana! Morgan did GREAT! She had been asking to go on the plane numerous times a day every day for a week straight.




It worked out great because we were able to take a little plane for the first leg of the trip which meant that we actually walked up to the plane, and climbed stairs to enter it. I was a little nervous that the loud engine and sheer size would frighten Morgan but she climbed the stairs all by her self and had a look of amazement on her face. She loved the whole flying experience! She flew when she was 9 months but obviously doesn't remember it.

The second leg of our trip was the long 4 hour one. She started the flight by reading the in-flight magazine and listening to the in flight music on her pink headphones her daddy bought her. She was acting like she was 12 instead of 2 and a half. She's ridiculous! :)


She then spent the rest of that flight taking a nap. Her easy going, laid back personality (most of the time) really makes me nervous about what our next child is going to be like. That's right! I said it! We're pregnant again! Now that we've told Daniel's family in person I think we've finally told everyone and I can finally start talking about it. Don't get me wrong because I'm so beyond excited to have a second child but I think that Daniel and I may be in for a little shock because we're so used to Morgan who is admittedly pretty easy (most of the time :)). Either way, I'm ready for the ride and can't wait! Stay tuned for much more about our 2011 family vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! We are so excited for a new cousin!! Isn't traveling with kiddos fun? Two gets crazy but it's still fun. If you end up with a less than mellow second, call me. I haven't come up with anything yet that works but we can at least cry together. :)

    ReplyDelete